north East Lancs Friendly League Constition
The League shall be known as the "NORTH EAST LANCS FRIENDLY LEAGUE", hereinafter referred to as the “League” and shall be affiliated to "Swim England", North West Region.
Membership of the League is open to Clubs currently affiliated to ASA,("Swim England") North West Region, whose current year's subscription, to that body, has been paid up. The Club must be within a radius of 15 miles of Burnley town centre. (St Peters Centre).
The Membership Fee is due within 14 days of the club being accepted into membership of the league. This is a fee per club. (Set at £15.00 in 2017).
The Annual Subscription is due 1st January and Member Clubs must have paid their Annual subscription no later than 31st January in the year of competition. The expenses shall be shared by the member clubs in equal proportions. .
Names and dates of birth of all swimmers shall be notified in writing annually and in advance of 31st January to the Secretary. In addition to this any new swimmers details can be phoned or emailed in at least two (2) days prior to the gala, but must be followed up in writing as soon as possible to the Secretary.
The date of the Annual General Meeting shall be in December of eah year.
The object of the League
To encourage swimming for swimmers between the ages of 9 years onward
who do not swim in other leagues, to give them an opportunity to gain experience for joining the other leagues and open meets within their clubs.
Two delegates from each affiliated Club shall form the Committee of the League.
Each member Club shall be entitled to be represented at any Annual General Meeting of the League by two delegates who shall be entitled to vote at that meeting. The names and addresses of delegates are to be notified to the League Secretary by the Club they will represent. Others may attend the event but only the nominated delegates being able to vote, with written authority from their Club a substitute will be allowed to vote in place of their nominee . The chair will have the final vote if there is an equal number of votes.
The Committee of the League shall be headed by an Executive Committee consisting of the Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer. Three quarters of the member clubs representatives present at any Committee Meeting shall constitute a quorum. The Chairman or the Secretary giving seven clear days notice in writing shall call executive Meetings.
The Secretary shall give 14 days' notice of the time, date and place of the Annual General Meeting to all Affiliated Clubs.
The rota of Clubs expected to fill these roles are:
2018 Burnley, 2019 Colne, 2020 Accrington, 2021, Gt Harwood 2022 ..........
The duties of the Executive Committee shall be to organize:
The Annual General Meeting of the League, that shall be held in the first week in January or first available date each year for the purpose of:
- Consideration of the Report and Financial Statement from the previous year and to fix the subscription for the following year.
Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer
3. To consider new applications for membership of the League
4. To consider alterations to the Constitution and/or Competition Rules
5. To consider any other business.
A Special General Meeting shall be called on receipt of a written request, agreed by, at least four delegates from Member Clubs, stating the purpose of the meeting. No other business will be discussed at any such meeting.
Three quarters of delegates present at any Special General Meeting will form a quorum.
Any proposed alteration to the Constitution and/or Competition Rules may only be
considered at the Annual General Meeting and must be made, in writing to the
Secretary, no later than 21 days ( 3 weeks) before that meeting.
The Secretary shall then give 14 days'(2 weeks) notice to all Affiliated Clubs of any such proposals.
Any alterations to the Competition Rules shall be accepted by a simple majority and shall become effective immediately.
Changes to the Constitution will be accepted upon a simple majority, whereupon they will become effective immediately.
New applications for membership of the League shall be made, in writing, to the Secretary, along with one years’ subscription, which will be refunded if the application is not accepted. Acceptance of new applications will only be considered at the Annual General Meeting and will require a simple majority vote by those delegates or their substitutes attending that meeting.
The League member clubs should charge no more than £2.00 for spectators that should include a raffle ticket.
All swimmers MUST be registered with swim England.
Category two swimmers must not have achieved a regional or county time in their stroke that they are swimming.
This includes the Individual medley and medley relays.
All teams must fill in 1 race sheet with all the A lane swimmers names who competed against each other with the points accordingly 2 for a win, 1for second place or draw, 0 for a no-show or disqualification. ( Times can be taken for Club/personal use but not necessary for the league).
1. There shall be 4 groups as follows: -
(I) Age group 9 + 10 years
(II) Aged 13 years and under
(III) Aged 15 years and under (Mixed sex medley relay. Two girls and two boys )
(V) Mixed sex medley relay. Two girls and two boys all ages
(VI) 8 X 1 Length (mixed sex cannon relay. Four boys Four Girls)
2 Distances shall be swum as follows: -
(1) One length for 9 and 10 years
(2) Two lengths for 13 years and under, Two lengths for 15 years and under, Two lengths for 15 years and over.
3. There shall be four events ( Fly, Back, Breast and Free) for both sexes in each age group and in addition there shall be two open Individual Medley (4 x 1 Length)
There shall also be one 8 x 1 length Mixed freestyle Cannon Relay with one swimmer from each sex for each age group, swimming one length of the pool. In addition there shall be Mixed Medley Relays for each age group with each swimmer swimming two lengths of the pool, 9 & 10yrs 1 length ( two from each sex).
4. Normally there shall be two lanes per club per match but only the winning “A” lane shall be awarded two points (subject to disqualification)
One point being awarded to the other club “A” team (subject to disqualification no points). In the event of a draw the points will be one point for each swimmer. In the event of no swimmer there will be no points awarded.
5. It shall be the responsibility of the home club to appoint a match referee, a starter and turn judge. The decision of any such officials shall be final for the match concerned.
6. No swimmer shall be permitted to compete in more than two individual events in any match but it is agreed that the Individual Open Medley and the Relay Races shall be in addition.
7. After each match, score sheets signed by officials from both clubs and showing the name of the winner of each event and shall be sent either by post or email to the Secretary within seven (7) days of the gala.
8. Matches shall be swum on a home and away basis before the end of each year. With a minimum of two (2) weeks' notice of cancellation of a fixture (except by mutual consent), shall be given. The Secretary shall be notified of all cancellations and postponements.
9. The Warm-up and starting time for the home matches of the clubs shall be agreed at the AGM.
10 All Galas to be completed by 30th November.
11 In the event of Two leagues; promotion and relegation should be on a one up one down basis. ( the bottom of league one relegated and the winner of league two promoted).